Friday, March 11, 2011

Life Lessons

Just when I think you have things under control, when I think I've buried the hatchet and have moved on...bu-BAM!  Nope, sorry!  Try again.  Sometimes it's hard to learn the same lesson again, and again, oh, and again.  When that happens, I think "not caring" is the answer...just so that I don't have any feelings to one side at least.  However, I realize that won't solve anything, as one must have feelings about certain issues that are close to the heart, either one way or another.  All thoughts of not caring really only leave me feeling guilty or a bit like a scallywag. So, I process the moment; feel the guilt that comes with my actions, give myself a "talking to", pick myself up, and try to keep moving forward as gracefully as possible...even if it's at a turtle's pace. I know learning is part of life--I just wish my heart and (especially) my pride would learn a little bit faster!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I absolutely love that you used the term scallywag in a blog post- you are now my favorite person ever. Hugs to you!

Krista said...

I love this Megan! I know I am constantly having to relearn my lessons in life. I am really good at shutting emotion down too. You are so amazing, hang in there! I love reading your blog...you have so much heart. PS I love this season of biggest loser too!