Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Current happenings

So, I love to read blogs like NieNie, CJane, Where flowers bloom, etc because I come away inspired. My thoughts are found somewhere in the mix of "I want to be more humble, I need to read my scriptures more, I need to pass out more notes to my neighbors, I want to be more organized, I want to be a super mommy, I want to refinish all the furniture in our apartment", etc. Tiring huh? After all, I might have many of the same responsibilities as them. Some of them include being a wife and having a husband I love to do things for, having a full time job, having a calling, crafting, wondering about when our family will grow... all thoughts and actions that come in no particular order. Anyway--I wanted to start our blog for a few reasons; the main reasons being 1. to keep a journal and 2. to inspire others. Now, while those thoughts of inspiration are still percolating (heck, they may never surface...or may take years, one of the two :), I will do some journaling. Here is what we've been up to lately (and the pictures are in no particular order...still trying to figure out that part... :)

1. Studying...and lots of it! Trent has got a full load (between school and work) this semester. My sweet husband is a great student too...we've started weekly planning sessions that help us both stay on schedule :)

2. Taking pictures of our nieces and nephews (we must have like 20 from nearly every time we get together...can't get enough of them...)


3. Planning parties...love family time :)


4. Planning for and learning along with our nursery kids...this is their most recent favorite "closing activity"


5. Getting updates from these two beauties (and the rest of our lovely family :)

There you have it for today...need to get back to my project at work :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

SHUT UP, that is not a slide in nursery?! I LOVE IT!!!!!! And, I think you know how excited I am that you started a blog - but just to say it again I am REALLY really REALLY excited.