Monday, January 31, 2011

Lesson number 1 (on the blog)

My life has been full of lessons, and especially good ones when I've been willing to listen. I know I just need to accept them and say "thanks!" but sometimes it's hard, you know? 

So, this past weekend, I had some lessons to learn.  One major one was: Even if I am "right" about something, I make it all wrong by acting out.  There was an incident...and I won't go into the details, because they don't need to be re-lived, but needless to say at the end of it all...I acted out.  Yes, me, the 30-year old you see above, reacted to the situation.  And you know, I ALWAYS get myself in trouble by reacting.  It doesn't solve anything, doesn't make me (or anyone else feel better), doesn't change the outcome...rather, it just makes me feel guilty.  You would think I'd learn a little faster...but no...I still need a few more "go's" at it before I will get it most of the way down.  I am so very grateful for my sweet husband though...he always knows just the right things to say and how to bring comfort and resolution to my heart.  I can't remember exactly who said it (or how it was said), but I think Elder Packer said something at one time about how our husbands are able to bring peace and comfort (besides the Spirit of course :) that no one else can.  I totally second that!  So until then, please forgive me if I forget to think and speak instead, or say things and need to come back later to apologize.  I am grateful for forgiving people who help me learn and move on.

Now...I'm off to the doctor.  Blah.  I have been sick (on and off) for a few weeks now and I'm done with it!  Hopefully he'll find something that can be fixed ;0)

2 comments:

Amy said...

1st of all you look seriously beautiful in that photo. I love it. Second of all, you're human :). Third, yeay for Trent :).

Trent and Meg said...

Thanks friend :0)