Wednesday, February 2, 2011

People I am grateful for--Day 2

Ok, so obviously this doesn't quality as a direct "person", but I LOVE history.  I am so grateful for the people that came first, that asked questions, and that searched for the best answers they could find to said questions.  Some of them were seeking for shelter, some for  art and/or entertainment, and others...well...I'm not quite sure ;D  In any case, here are some of the places and things we've found that we love.  Hopefully there will be many, many more finds like this in the future!
Not sure if these are real or made of wood...in any case, they had character, and that was what I loved!

Hopefully our friends in the neighborhood know where this one is! :)

Right next to the Church

This is for my grandma and her P.G. heritage
I would recommend driving by this place.  Not only will the beauty of the building stop you, but also the smell is SO nice (love fresh cut wood smell!)

This came up out of no where...

Love texture...nothing better then age can bring this on

Anyone seen the show "American Pickers?"  We thought they might want to bargain for this piece

So much history in our little valley!

If you are ever in Springville, would recommend stopping here. These people are good at lighting the Family History fire!

The things my poor husband has to put up with.  I'm so glad he likes adventures (and has taught me to be careful  and aware when he's not there)
The other part of the bus was located somewhere else on the farm

Oh how times have changed

So sad respect is gone for buildings like this

AF Main street...still a place I want to go inside and visit!
I am grateful for old buildings and for the stories that come with them.  There is still much to discover...I can't wait!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I love these photos. I'm the same as you on this, anything history reels me in and I want more :).

Lisa said...

How did I not know that you have a blog?! Unacceptable. :) That first picture is totally like 5 min. from my house. Love that truck and pumpkins. I took many pictures there for photography classes, and the pumpkins are wood. :)