Friday, February 18, 2011

Trent :)

So, as you all know, le jour de la St-Valentin was this past week.  Well, true to form, my husband got his Valentine just a little late ( like 2 days late).  Nice huh.  I was so bugged with myself.  After all, I'd had all these great ideas on things I could do for him (things I will save for another year)...and I didn't do one of them.  Not one.  One of my goals (well, since it isn't written for now, dreams) in life is to be on time.  I am ALWAYS, always, a-l-w-a-y-s late with gifts and presents, unless the party is held on the same day as the big event. Then again, even at that...I still can manage to be late.
Let me give you a few examples.  At the end of 2009, we decided to make our kids books to help them remember the things they had learned in Nursery.  Can you guess when they got them?  It think it was March.  We're right on track with our kids that moved up last year...their project is still unfinished (and it was way scaled down from the year before).  I think I will try for the end of the month on these.  Finally, our brother-in-law's last part of the birthday gift he was meant to get in December (that accidentally got left at home when we went to my parents for Christmas, that and the rest of the gift for my mom) is barely on it's way to his house.  Nice huh?  I am always a bit embarrassed when I send or hand things out late, just hoping the people I am giving them to will forgive me.  Anyway, long story short (yes, you already made it through 2 ENTIRE paragraph on my tardiness), was that I wanted to dedicate a post to my sweet husband on Valentines.  4 days later, here we go. 
Trent has been a most important part of my life for almost 4 years now. It all started with a crush...
Me trying to keep my eyes open (will not show previous picture, as this one looks lame enough of me ;0)




Much better...





...and then, after 2 years of time to learn and grow and love together...
Color me mine--love that place!
Painting instead of carving...our best idea yet!!
Dog sitting was super fun (really was!)
Family time the day after Grandma passed
Hanging lights for Grandpa
Trying to help Miss Kate into my shoes
So many good times to be had!
Our ever sophisticated McCall and sweet little "Faff"
we did this...
Salt Lake Temple in the afternoon
Trent's side of the family
My sweet sisters
Trent's sweet sisters and their husbands
My side of the family
My wonderful mother-in-law
My sweet parents
Since then, we have continued our journey together.  The best part is going through life with my best friend at my side.  With each challenge we encounter, we work together to learn how to move through it smarter (and hopefully, learn faster) and better.  I am so grateful for every part of this man--for his patience with me, his faith that guides, his love for me and for our family, and for his perspective on others and life in general. I am also so excited to see him in action with the little ones we hope will join our family soon enough.  He will be such a wonderful father.  I am so blessed--SO blessed. 

1 comment:

Amy said...

So I've heard rumblings and rumors of the 'crush' that started it all, and would be so interested in reading about it -- maybe in an upcoming post??
Cute post Megs!